Boost Your Brain and Memory, Continued...
11. No Negative Nellies! You can help your brain and reduce stress by thinking compassionately about yourself; by reversing negative thinking (we all do it!), you'll form new pathways in your brain and weaken the old ones.
“You live the words you tell yourself in your mind.” — Dr. Magdalena Battles
12. Work Your Body, Then Work Your Brain. People perform better on tests of memory when they take them after periods of physical exertion.
13. Take It Up a Notch! You can also up the difficulty of regular activity to make it more challenging -- such as increasing the level of difficulty you choose for Sudoku or crossword puzzles. Try http://www.dailysudoku.com/sudoku/ or https://games.aarp.org/games/daily-crossword
14. Peaches over Pills. Get your vitamins from food rather than pills or supplements; they are more effective that way!
15. Remember to Meditate. Preliminary research indicates that mindfulness meditation may enhance working memory. Just 20 minutes a day can reduce stress and increase mood.
Come back tomorrow for our last 5 brain booster tips!